RoHS Regulation – What is its Purpose and how can you Make Your Products RoHS Compliant?
RoHS is an environmental safety law that’s applicable for different industrial products like batteries, monitoring devices, medical tools and equipment, household and professional tools, and many more. It stands for Restriction of Hazardous Substances and basically targets electrical and electronic products. The reason that this law and many others have been imposed is that certain substances affect the environment and are extremely dangerous for human health and even wildlife. Keeping many such safety matters in mind, governments of different countries have made it mandatory that every single product should be RoHS Compliant.
However, easier said than done. Such laws aren’t simple. They’re quite tricky. Which is why you need different kinds of testing services like the Enviropass RoHS testing service. So, if you’ve been struggling with the same issue, then the below listed 2 services offered by Enviropass will be extremely beneficial.
Let’s get started!
- Classic RoHS Service
The classic RoHS service by Enviropass involves document assessment. Experts from this firm go through all the documents, including the ones coming from your contractors and subcontractors. Reasons? Well, when the experts review the documents, they can find out:
- Whether your product has any prohibited substance.
- If it does, what’s the level of that substance – according to the governmental law, there should be no more 0.1% traces of sensitive substances in your products.
- Once a report is prepared, the data can be submitted to the authorities in order to get the RoHS compliant certificate.
- Deluxe RoHS Service
This is an advanced version of the classic RoHS services. It offers all the benefits of the classic package and, at the same time, it offers the following services as well.
- Staff training for auditing and analytical testing.
- Evaluation of products for quality purposes.
Moving on, we’d also like to introduce you to some other important environment laws that you must have a knowledge pf. Here’s the list:
- The REACH Regulation – Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and restriction of chemicals.
- The SVHC Regulation – Substances of Very High Concern.
- POP Regulation – Persistent Organic Pollutants.
- WEEE Regulation – Waste of Electrical and Electronic Equipment.
All in all, as long as your products are compliant with all the laws laid by the government, you will be able to sell them for public use. If you want any more information on RoHS and other such laws, then you can visit the website, https://www.enviropass.ca/.